Over the years, I have been invited to speak about my books and my literary journey at well over 100 literary forums including libraries, book clubs, community organizations, independent bookstores, and schools. I am also a member of the Wisconsin Historical Society Speakers Bureau. Some events have been huge affairs, and some have been intimate gatherings, but all have been wonderful in their own unique way.
Here are just a few highlights of where I have spoken:
- University of Wisconsin Writers Institute
- Multiple interviews on NPR stations
- University of Wisconsin Writers Festival
- Madison Homeless Book Club
- Michael Field Agricultural Institute
- Washington Island Literary Festival, Door County
- Numerous P.E.O. and AAUW groups
- Sterling North Film and Book Festival, Edgerton, WI
- Jim Fleming, WPR’s “Chapter a Day” Host, interview with the actress Susan Sweeney who recorded the audio version of Return to Wake Robin, Madison
- Featured PechaKucha presentation
- Many wonderful book clubs
I am happy to speak at your book club, organization, or library about any or all my books. Let me know what you would like me to focus on, and I will be glad to accommodate your interests. To inquire about speaking engagements, contact Marnie. Thank you!